The comments below come from the 2008 Government OFSTED Inspection Report. You can download this report here as well as a Maths Subject Inspection Report from 2009:
Ofsted Report 2008 Ofsted Maths Subject Inspection Report 2009
Findings & Comments
- "The Ecclesbourne School is an outstanding school that continues to provide an exceptionally high quality of education and care for its students. The school's inclusive vision of 'Learning Together for the Future', is one that permeates all aspects of its work."
- "Leadership and management of the sixth form are outstanding because, as with the main school, there is tenacious approach to improving performance."
- "Students' personal development, including their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, is outstanding because the school's expectations of them are very clear and consistent."
- "Teaching and learning are good, and in several instances outstanding. In most lessons, teachers use their strong subject knowledge to plan lessons that proceed at a brisk pace with learning activities that stimulate interest and provide an appropriate level of challenge."
- "Staff demonstrate strongly caring attitudes and students receive excellent personal support and guidance when making option choices."
- "A key feature of the success of the school is the inspirational leadership provided by the headteacher, who together with a very strong senior management team and a committed and well informed governing body, are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence."