Celebrating Best Ever GCSE Results at The Ecclesbourne School
Thank you to everyone who came in to share in our Year 11’s celebration this morning as they achieved our best ever GCSE results.
- 93% of students gained 5 or more GCSEs at A*-C or 9-4 grades.
- 91% of Year 11 passed both English and Mathematics at grades 4-9 (A*-C) and 73% at grades 5-9 (A*-B).
- 93% gained at least two Science GCSEs at grades 4-9.
- 71 students gained at least five or more A*/A or 7-9 grades.
- 56% achieved the English Baccalaureate suite of subjects.
At a time of unprecedented change in the exam system and significantly increased demand on students and their teachers these are remarkable outcomes. We are so proud of our students and what they have achieved. They have shown impressive resilience and character and today receive their just reward for all their hard work.
These results serve as a testament to the commitment of our students, the skill and dedication of our staff and governors and the incredible support we receive from parents and carers. They mean that our students have made excellent progress and now have the qualifications and skills to move on to the next stage of their education or employment.
The bar has been raised sharply at GCSE over the last three years and once again our students and staff have met the challenge and simply worked so hard to ensure everyone was enabled to fulfil their potential.