The Ecclesbourne School is delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to join our Learning Support Faculty as a Learning Support Officer. You will be passionate about the power of education to improve the life chances of young people and be a committed team player.
Our ideal candidates will:
- have experience of supporting young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- have good organizational skills, patience, flexibility, creativity and an ability to build relationships with young people
- have great communication skills
- hold nationally recognised qualifications to at least level 2 and ideally level 3
You will have the opportunity to:
- work with students on a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- provide additional support in the classroom
- become part of a team of like-minded individuals
- work with colleagues who are friendly, welcoming and committed to ensuring every student receives a first rate teaching and learning experience
- receive full support for training and professional development
You will work for 32.5 hours per week for 39 weeks per year (195 days), which includes term-time plus five whole school closure days. Core hours to be worked between 8am and 3.40pm. The remaining days are paid holidays. Continuity of service recognised for local government employees.
Actual starting salary £18,137 per annum, which is a combination of level 2 and level 3 in recognition that some work will be at level 3. (Level 2 salary from point 15 to 18, £17972 to £18870, Level 3 salary from point 18 to point 21, £18870 to £20541 per annum.) This is a fixed-term appointment in the first instance, due to funding, start date as soon as possible, end date 19th July 2019.
We are a non-selective school and committed to maintaining an all-inclusive community for all students. Children of members of staff, with a minimum of two years’ service at the school at the time of application, are included in our admissions criteria.
The school motto of ‘Integrity, tenacity and service’ is at the core of school life. If you share our ethos we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please return a completed application form and letter (no more than two A4 typed sides), which outlines how your previous experience has prepared you for this position and what particular skills you will bring to it. Should you wish to visit our school, prior to your application, you will be most warmly welcomed.
PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN YOUR APPLICATION BY 9AM ON FRIDAY 18TH JANUARY 2019
Please note that we do not accept applications by CV
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All employees will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, prior to employment.
For further information, to arrange a visit, or help with the application process please contact:
Tina Spencer-Keyse, Human Resources Manager