Key Stage 3
Design and Technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject.
We aim to ensure that all students develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform every day tasks confidently; build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality products for a wide range of users; critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others; understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
||Food and Nutrition
||Basic Cookery Skills
||Child's puzzle; wind chime; desk tidy
||Baking and seasonal cooking
Extra Curricular Activities
Year 7 technology day; KS3 cookery club; KS3 gardening club; KS3 textiles club; Year 8 health day; Year 9 STEM days;
- At the end of each module students will be assessed against the Key Stage 3 Level descriptors.
- This will be reported as a sub level.
- Students will also receive an effort grade.
- The expected levels of achievement are as follows: Year 7: 3a-5b; Year 8: 4c-6c; Year 9: 4a-8c.
- We expect students to make two sub levels progress per year.